… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD, EDFP
I work as an economic developer consulting with communities and companies developing locations, building communities and identifying and developing workforce. However, my opinions on this blog are free and my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have earned over 20 years experience in economic and workforce development. I have earned and maintain the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC), the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council. I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- TIGER grants replaced by BUILD grants for local/regional transportation infrastructure
- Happy Economic Development Week!
- An update on Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds
- Have your quality in economic development programs recognized by your peers
- Retail Development Event for Tennessee and Kentucky
- How to ask your local government for money to promote rural tourism
- Happy Pi Day!
- 2018 IEDC Excellence in Economic Development Awards
- Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds – Another Economic Tool for Your Community?
- Successful Succession Planning for Business
- Opportunity Funds – A new resource for economic development investment
- Business resiliency and planning for disruption
- Helping businesses connect to customers online
- Have a wonderful life this holiday season!
- Small Business Saturday – Better than Black Friday and Cooler than Cyber Monday (Nov. 25th)
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- 2017 IEDC Annual Conference
- Dove hunting season or shooting for tourism growth
- Disaster and Disruption Planning for Communities and Companies
- I put a dollar in a change machine and I didn’t get it
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
Category Archives: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
I have mentioned it before, but it is worth posting it again. The Small Business Administration has an informative website for its “programs and services to help you start, grow and succeed” specifically for the economic recovery.
American Recovery & Reinvestment Act, stay away from me · American Recovery & Reinvestment Act, mama let me be …
Most of the buzz on the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA, aka ‘the stimulus package’) is about grants and loans. Another component that can be beneficial to business are the tax benefits made possible by the ARRA. From expanded … Continue reading
The latest economic development news: Nissan Motor Company, North America, located in neighboring Williamson County, announced plans today to create 1,300 jobs in Smyrna, Tennessee when production on Nissan’s new zero-emission car begins. For a complete story, check out The … Continue reading
The WEOC is an ongoing effort by the TN Department of Labor and Workforce Development to reach out to Tennessee employers and provide valuable information to foster economic development and promote our services. Thursday, April 30, 200911:30 A.M.Tennessee Career Center130 … Continue reading