… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD, EDFP
I work as an economic developer consulting with communities and companies developing locations, building communities and identifying and developing workforce. However, my opinions on this blog are free and my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have earned over 20 years experience in economic and workforce development. I have earned and maintain the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC), the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council. I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- TIGER grants replaced by BUILD grants for local/regional transportation infrastructure
- Happy Economic Development Week!
- An update on Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds
- Have your quality in economic development programs recognized by your peers
- Retail Development Event for Tennessee and Kentucky
- How to ask your local government for money to promote rural tourism
- Happy Pi Day!
- 2018 IEDC Excellence in Economic Development Awards
- Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds – Another Economic Tool for Your Community?
- Successful Succession Planning for Business
- Opportunity Funds – A new resource for economic development investment
- Business resiliency and planning for disruption
- Helping businesses connect to customers online
- Have a wonderful life this holiday season!
- Small Business Saturday – Better than Black Friday and Cooler than Cyber Monday (Nov. 25th)
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- 2017 IEDC Annual Conference
- Dove hunting season or shooting for tourism growth
- Disaster and Disruption Planning for Communities and Companies
- I put a dollar in a change machine and I didn’t get it
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
Category Archives: economic stimulus
While reading a post on Daily Yonder: Keeping it Rural, I am reminded of why we have worked not only to increase broadband access, but also to increase broadband utilization. Sure, access to technology improves educational opportunities (check out http://www.highereducation.hickmantn.org/), … Continue reading
Information on the Senate version of the economic stimulus package:Senate Appropriations Committee Releases Highlights of American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan
As big banks struggle, community banks are stepping in to offer loans and lines of credit to small business owners… from BusinessWeek.com
On BusinessWeek.com, the article “Broadband Bill Disappoints Nearly Everyone” by Spencer E. Ante and Arik Hesseldahl gives some insight into how the broadband component of the economic stimulus package is structured. Fortunately, the rural broadband interests are the ones not … Continue reading
In a press release, the United States Green Building Council, in National Studies Show Green Building as Key Part of America’s Economic Future: Green Building Creates Green Jobs that Save Energy and Money, elaborates on the future value of investing … Continue reading