For optimum results, retail development as an economic development effort takes a collaborative effort from economic development professionals, government officials, landowners, developers, entrepreneurs, real estate professionals and the community. I have arranged for TVA Economic Development’s retail expert, Chuck Marquis, to make his Consumer Connection Retail Development presentation on September 23rd to those interested in retail in the county and let’s see what develops. Hosted by Hickman County Economic & Community Development Association and the Hickman County Chamber of Commerce, Mr. Marquis and I will make a presentation geared to the Centerville trade areas from 8:00 to 10:00am at the Hickman County Career Center and a presentation geared to the East Hickman trade areas from 7:00 to 9:00pm at the Community Room of the Community First Bank & Trust East Hickman Branch. It is early to mention it, but you’ll have a chance to mark your calendar. Please RSVP to email@example.com so that we will have adequate accommodations.
Retail development is not just about attracting ‘chain’ retailers. There are even more returns from supporting existing retailers and assisting local entrepreneurs in starting and sustaining local business. This presentation introduces how a community can support retail development and how local retailers can become more profitable.
… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD, EDFP
I work as an economic developer consulting with communities and companies developing locations, building communities and identifying and developing workforce. However, my opinions on this blog are free and my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have earned over 20 years experience in economic and workforce development. I have earned and maintain the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC), the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council. I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- TIGER grants replaced by BUILD grants for local/regional transportation infrastructure
- Happy Economic Development Week!
- An update on Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds
- Have your quality in economic development programs recognized by your peers
- Retail Development Event for Tennessee and Kentucky
- How to ask your local government for money to promote rural tourism
- Happy Pi Day!
- 2018 IEDC Excellence in Economic Development Awards
- Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds – Another Economic Tool for Your Community?
- Successful Succession Planning for Business
- Opportunity Funds – A new resource for economic development investment
- Business resiliency and planning for disruption
- Helping businesses connect to customers online
- Have a wonderful life this holiday season!
- Small Business Saturday – Better than Black Friday and Cooler than Cyber Monday (Nov. 25th)
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- 2017 IEDC Annual Conference
- Dove hunting season or shooting for tourism growth
- Disaster and Disruption Planning for Communities and Companies
- I put a dollar in a change machine and I didn’t get it
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET