… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD, EDFP
I work as an economic developer consulting with communities and companies developing locations, building communities and identifying and developing workforce. However, my opinions on this blog are free and my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have earned over 20 years experience in economic and workforce development. I have earned and maintain the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC), the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council. I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- Happy Pi Day!
- 2018 IEDC Excellence in Economic Development Awards
- Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds – Another Economic Tool for Your Community?
- Successful Succession Planning for Business
- Opportunity Funds – A new resource for economic development investment
- Business resiliency and planning for disruption
- Helping businesses connect to customers online
- Have a wonderful life this holiday season!
- Small Business Saturday – Better than Black Friday and Cooler than Cyber Monday (Nov. 25th)
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- 2017 IEDC Annual Conference
- Dove hunting season or shooting for tourism growth
- Disaster and Disruption Planning for Communities and Companies
- I put a dollar in a change machine and I didn’t get it
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
- Happy Pi day!!!
- Business Succession Planning
- Resources for Business in Cheatham County, Tennessee 2017
- Economic Development Training for Local Leaders
- Nashville area ranks as one of the best places to live
- Cheatham County, Tennessee Development and Permitting Informational Guide
Category Archives: business retention and expansion
Are your businesses prepared to sustain themselves through a disaster or disruption? A great resource for helping businesses and organizations become more resilient is RestoreYourEconomy.org, funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration (EDA) and managed by the … Continue reading
It is that time of year, my getting around to updating and improving community economic development resources that I didn’t get to during that holiday lull that inevitably never happens. The thing this time is an update to the Resources … Continue reading
The Cheatham County Commission approved unanimously an business incentive package developed by the Industrial Development Board of Cheatham County (IDB). Developed with assistance from the Cheatham County Joint Economic & Community Development Board and the Cheatham County Chamber of Commerce, … Continue reading
“The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) announced on Tuesday a $1 million Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant to the town of Centerville, Tennessee, to make critical improvements to the town’s wastewater treatment plant to support the health care and … Continue reading
We appreciate our local industry here in Hickman County. We invited key industry people for breakfast this morning down at Rudy’s Restaurant at Bucksnort. With everyone’s busy schedule, several weren’t able to join us, but we appreciate them doing business … Continue reading