… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD, EDFP
I work as an economic developer consulting with communities and companies developing locations, building communities and identifying and developing workforce. However, my opinions on this blog are free and my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have earned over 20 years experience in economic and workforce development. I have earned and maintain the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC), the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council. I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- TIGER grants replaced by BUILD grants for local/regional transportation infrastructure
- Happy Economic Development Week!
- An update on Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds
- Have your quality in economic development programs recognized by your peers
- Retail Development Event for Tennessee and Kentucky
- How to ask your local government for money to promote rural tourism
- Happy Pi Day!
- 2018 IEDC Excellence in Economic Development Awards
- Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds – Another Economic Tool for Your Community?
- Successful Succession Planning for Business
- Opportunity Funds – A new resource for economic development investment
- Business resiliency and planning for disruption
- Helping businesses connect to customers online
- Have a wonderful life this holiday season!
- Small Business Saturday – Better than Black Friday and Cooler than Cyber Monday (Nov. 25th)
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- 2017 IEDC Annual Conference
- Dove hunting season or shooting for tourism growth
- Disaster and Disruption Planning for Communities and Companies
- I put a dollar in a change machine and I didn’t get it
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
Category Archives: economic development technology
It is easy to forget the importance of technology to promote our communities and to help our businesses connect to customers. It is not so important to chase the latest, hottest application as it is to pick one or two … Continue reading
I learned of what looks like a great economic development tool from a post on Sara Dunnigan’s A Hitchhiker’s Guide to Economic Development. It is called The U.S. Cluster Mapping Project, but be patient, it is still in Beta version as of … Continue reading
“New Google Project Tango Technology Will Change Site Selection Analysis” from the GISPlanning blog is an interesting preview of new technology utilization in economic development. If I had not spent way too much time last week getting remote access to … Continue reading
I will be speaking about using technology in economic development during the Ignite IEDC session of the 2012 International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Leadership Summit in San Antonio on January 30th. Specifically, I will speak about how economic development professionals … Continue reading