… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD, EDFP
I work as an economic developer consulting with communities and companies developing locations, building communities and identifying and developing workforce. However, my opinions on this blog are free and my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have earned over 20 years experience in economic and workforce development. I have earned and maintain the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC), the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council. I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- 2017 IEDC Annual Conference
- Dove hunting season or shooting for tourism growth
- Disaster and Disruption Planning for Communities and Companies
- I put a dollar in a change machine and I didn’t get it
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
- Happy Pi day!!!
- Business Succession Planning
- Resources for Business in Cheatham County, Tennessee 2017
- Economic Development Training for Local Leaders
- Nashville area ranks as one of the best places to live
- Cheatham County, Tennessee Development and Permitting Informational Guide
- Prepare to be Googled
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- Business disaster planning creates community economic resiliency
- Cheatham County Region Resilience: ready for economic stress
- 2017 Tennessee Rural Development Conference
- Strike a pose…
- More additional direct flights from Nashville International Airport
- Happy New Year!!!
- George Bailey, Economic Developer
- No one goes downtown anymore, it’s too crowded
Category Archives: retiree recruitment
Vantage Pointe Village Senior Living Community hosted its Grand Opening last Tuesday. It is a beautiful facility that offers assisted living and memory care with plans for independent living in the future. Nestled in a cozy, peaceful rural setting only … Continue reading
With all its outdoor recreational opportunities, walking trails, biking routes, green space, waterways, hunting land, culture, history, arts, etc. as well as local healthcare facilities — all close to the big city amenities of Nashville, Cheatham County is a great … Continue reading
Vantage Pointe Village, a new assisted living facility in Ashland City, broke ground recently and plans to open in the fall of 2014. Located on Highway 12 just a few miles from Briley Parkway and downtown Nashville, the assisted living … Continue reading
In the post, Amenity-rich rural areas will see influx of retiring baby boomers, new study predicts, The Rural Blog reports on a study by USDA Economic Research Service whose authors state, “(b)aby boomers have already demonstrated more of an affinity … Continue reading
What if Starbucks marketed like a Rural Community? This was a post on reimaginerural.com that I read a while back that came mind as we were made to feel welcome at a church we visited last Sunday. However, do you … Continue reading