… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD, EDFP
I work as an economic developer consulting with communities and companies developing locations, building communities and identifying and developing workforce. However, my opinions on this blog are free and my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have earned over 20 years experience in economic and workforce development. I have earned and maintain the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC), the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council. I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- TIGER grants replaced by BUILD grants for local/regional transportation infrastructure
- Happy Economic Development Week!
- An update on Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds
- Have your quality in economic development programs recognized by your peers
- Retail Development Event for Tennessee and Kentucky
- How to ask your local government for money to promote rural tourism
- Happy Pi Day!
- 2018 IEDC Excellence in Economic Development Awards
- Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds – Another Economic Tool for Your Community?
- Successful Succession Planning for Business
- Opportunity Funds – A new resource for economic development investment
- Business resiliency and planning for disruption
- Helping businesses connect to customers online
- Have a wonderful life this holiday season!
- Small Business Saturday – Better than Black Friday and Cooler than Cyber Monday (Nov. 25th)
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- 2017 IEDC Annual Conference
- Dove hunting season or shooting for tourism growth
- Disaster and Disruption Planning for Communities and Companies
- I put a dollar in a change machine and I didn’t get it
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
Category Archives: Basic Economic Development Course
University of Oklahoma’s prestigious Economic Development Institute (EDI) will hold a session of EDI Institute in Nashville, Tennessee May 3-7 at the Airport Marriott. This is a great way to learn more about economic development through a fully accredited course … Continue reading
Registration Underway for State Economic Development Course The University of Tennessee Institute for Public Service (IPS) is once again sponsoring the Tennessee Basic Economic Development Course (TBEDC) for regional, state and federal community leaders and stakeholders. The 5th annual course … Continue reading
I wanted to pass on a great opportunity for economic development training near Tennessee that is coming up soon. The Mid-South Basic Economic Development Course conducted by the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Institute for Economic Advancement will be … Continue reading
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock’s Institute for Economic Advancement will be conducting their Mid-South Basic Economic Development Course on March 15-18, 2010. The basic course is one of the courses required to sit for the International Economic Development … Continue reading
For those who are interested in an option near Tennessee to complete the IEDC Basic Economic Development Course, Georgia Tech will host its 42nd annual course March 24-27 in Atlanta at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center. I have attended … Continue reading
The Tennessee Leadership Center will conduct the Tennessee Basic Economic Development Course (TBEDC) in Nashville again in 2009 on May 4th through May 8th. The Tennessee Basic Economic Development Course is accredited by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). The … Continue reading