… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD, EDFP
I work as an economic developer consulting with communities and companies developing locations, building communities and identifying and developing workforce. However, my opinions on this blog are free and my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have earned over 20 years experience in economic and workforce development. I have earned and maintain the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC), the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council. I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- TIGER grants replaced by BUILD grants for local/regional transportation infrastructure
- Happy Economic Development Week!
- An update on Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds
- Have your quality in economic development programs recognized by your peers
- Retail Development Event for Tennessee and Kentucky
- How to ask your local government for money to promote rural tourism
- Happy Pi Day!
- 2018 IEDC Excellence in Economic Development Awards
- Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds – Another Economic Tool for Your Community?
- Successful Succession Planning for Business
- Opportunity Funds – A new resource for economic development investment
- Business resiliency and planning for disruption
- Helping businesses connect to customers online
- Have a wonderful life this holiday season!
- Small Business Saturday – Better than Black Friday and Cooler than Cyber Monday (Nov. 25th)
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- 2017 IEDC Annual Conference
- Dove hunting season or shooting for tourism growth
- Disaster and Disruption Planning for Communities and Companies
- I put a dollar in a change machine and I didn’t get it
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
Category Archives: IEDC
2018 IEDC Excellence in Economic Development Awards
International Economic Development Council’s Excellence in Economic Development Awards recognize the world’s best economic development programs and partnerships, marketing materials, and the year’s most influential leaders. These 34 awards honor organizations and individuals for their efforts in creating positive change … Continue reading
IEDC 2016 Annual Conference
I will be leaving Tennessee on Friday of next week to participate in the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) conference. IEDC will convene its 2016 Annual Conference in Cleveland, Ohio on September 24th-28th. Around 1,500 economic development professionals from around the world … Continue reading
IEDC Annual Conference October 4-7 in Anchorage
I am already making plans to attend the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Annual Conference again this year. IEDC annual conferences are the largest annual gathering of economic development professionals in the world and provide professional development and networking opportunities … Continue reading
Back from the city of brotherly networking
I had a productive time in Philadelphia attending the 2013 International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Annual Conference. As part of my active participation in the conference, I spoke on Wednesday, October 9th during the Ignite IEDC segment. My segment was titled “Economic … Continue reading
Sharing expert economic development ideas
I am in the Nashville International Airport waiting for a flight to Philadelphia to attend the 2013 International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Annual Conference. The IEDC Annual Conference is the world’s largest gathering of economic development professionals. As part of my … Continue reading
Back to A.C. from D.C.
I attended the IEDC Federal Forum last week. Here is a list of interesting bits of information from the conference compiled by Louise Anderson and posted on the International Economic Development Council’s website: Number of job centers in the federal … Continue reading
2012 International Economic Development Council Annual Conference
I accepted an invitation this week to speak at the 2012 International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Annual Conference in Houston on October 2nd. I will be one of the speakers in the session “Technology Tools for Economic Developers”. Hickman County … Continue reading
IEDC Leadership Summit 2012
I am participating in the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Leadership Summit in San Antonio, Texas. So far, it has been a great networking and knowledge building event. I’m making a presentation in one of the two afternoon sessions today that hopefully be … Continue reading
CEcD for another three
My certification from the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) as a certified economic developer (CEcD) was up at the end of this year. It takes meeting the experience requirements, completing hours of approved training and passing the two-day examination process to … Continue reading
IEDC Leadership Summit
Last night, I paid my registration to the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Leadership Summit, which will be held in Houston, Texas on January 31-February 2 next year. The focus will be on creating entrepreneurship programs and a competitive entry-level … Continue reading
Basic Economic Development Course
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock’s Institute for Economic Advancement will be conducting their Mid-South Basic Economic Development Course on March 15-18, 2010. The basic course is one of the courses required to sit for the International Economic Development … Continue reading
Tennessee Economic Development Council Fall Conference
I am attending the Tennessee Economic Development Council Fall Conference, which began today. I am sure that we will all benefit from the seminars and networking from Tennessee’s organization of economic development professionals. Also, participation counts toward my recertification as … Continue reading
Economic Development Conference
I am in Alexandria, Virginia participating in the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Federal Forum. The first session today was an informative discussion on the new administration, this term of Congress, and the various measures to improve the economy such … Continue reading
IEDC Basic Economic Development Course coming soon
For those who are interested in an option near Tennessee to complete the IEDC Basic Economic Development Course, Georgia Tech will host its 42nd annual course March 24-27 in Atlanta at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center. I have attended … Continue reading
Hickman County has Certified Economic Developer
Just a few hours ago, I received positive results of the final segment in the examination process in becoming a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) with International Economic Development Council (IEDC). In order to be considered for certification, one must have … Continue reading
Building Public/Private Partnerships for Economic Development
I am currently in Charlotte, North Carolina attending a conference conducted by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) in association with the International Conference of Shopping Centers (ICSC). It has been a great opportunity to gain knowledge, network with peers, … Continue reading