… it’s probably here somewhere
Daryl Phillips, CEcD, EDFP
I work as an economic developer consulting with communities and companies developing locations, building communities and identifying and developing workforce. However, my opinions on this blog are free and my own, as is the blog itself.
I am a member of International Economic Development Council, Southern Economic Development Council, Tennessee Economic Development Council and International Council of Shopping Centers.
I have earned over 20 years experience in economic and workforce development. I have earned and maintain the designation of Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from International Economic Development Council (IEDC), the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) certification from National Development Council. I have earned a Master of Business Administration from Tennessee Technological University.
- TIGER grants replaced by BUILD grants for local/regional transportation infrastructure
- Happy Economic Development Week!
- An update on Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds
- Have your quality in economic development programs recognized by your peers
- Retail Development Event for Tennessee and Kentucky
- How to ask your local government for money to promote rural tourism
- Happy Pi Day!
- 2018 IEDC Excellence in Economic Development Awards
- Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds – Another Economic Tool for Your Community?
- Successful Succession Planning for Business
- Opportunity Funds – A new resource for economic development investment
- Business resiliency and planning for disruption
- Helping businesses connect to customers online
- Have a wonderful life this holiday season!
- Small Business Saturday – Better than Black Friday and Cooler than Cyber Monday (Nov. 25th)
- 2017 Tennessee Governor’s Conference on Economic & Community Development
- 2017 IEDC Annual Conference
- Dove hunting season or shooting for tourism growth
- Disaster and Disruption Planning for Communities and Companies
- I put a dollar in a change machine and I didn’t get it
- Workforce development for advanced manufacturing in the Cheatham County region
- Cheatham County May 2017 unemployment rate lowest in nearly 2 decades
- 2017 Tennessee Economic and Community Development Conference
- Tennessee Reconnect: Help for adults to go back to college
- How do you measure your workforce?
- The It’s a Wonderful Life EDO
- Why Invest in Economic Development
- Tennessee Rural Economic Development Conference
- A post with economic development tied to a haiku, it’s true!
- Right turn on LOCAL CITIZENS WHO SUPPORT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STREET
Category Archives: retail marketing
As we near the last couple of shopping days before Christmas, this verse of the song of the season Silver Bells came to mind: City sidewalks, busy sidewalks Dressed in holiday style In the air there’s a feeling of Christmas Children … Continue reading
From RetailTrafficMag.com: “Hungry for Tax Revenue, Municipalities Serve Up Incentives to Lure Retailers and Developers.” Incentives shouldn’t be the seen as the first option. These communities could not be successful without funding marketing, staff and a community retail development strategy.
The October edition of Shopping Centers Today, the trade journal of the International Council of Shopping Centers, had an interesting article titled “Keeping Up With Smart Phones: Mobile Devices Pose a Major Opportunity — and Threat.” For rural retailers competing … Continue reading
I encourage every business in Hickman County to use as much technology as they can stand. Not everything is worth the time for every business, but websites, email marketing, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Flicker, Google, other social media, etc., etc. can … Continue reading
A blog post with great ideas on marketing your business or community to tourists: “Yfactor -New Ideas for Tourism Niches“